1 cup rice
1 onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
5 tablespoons butter
2 cups water
1 bay leaf
- Heat the butter in a frying pan and sauté the chopped onion.
- As soon as it softens, add the rice and sauté for five minutes, stirring continuously with a wooden spoon.
- Add the water, bay leaf, crushed garlic and salt and pepper.
- Stir and bring to the boil.
- Turn out into a buttered baking dish.
- Bake the pilaf in a preheated oven at 350oF for 15 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven, cover with a towel for ten minutes and serve.