1lb 2oz medium sized spaghetti
3 green peppers
3 red peppers
2 onions, sliced
7oz mushrooms, sliced
2 teacups olive oil
2 teacups cheese, grated (Kefalotyri or Parmesan)
- Lightly saute the onions in a teacup olive oil over a medium fire.
- Add the peppers, thinly sliced, the mushrooms, 2 teacups water, the salt and pepper. Cook for about 20 minutes.
- Boil the spaghetti in plenty of salted water, be careful not to overcook them. When they are done, cool them down in fresh water and drain.
- In another pot, heat the second teacup of olive oil, drop the spaghetti and saute for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the pepper and mushroom sauce while stirring.
- Serve hot with grated cheese.