1lb shelled almonds
Half cup fine bread crumbs
3 egg whites
1lb icing sugar
1 cup sugar
- Grind the almonds to a powder in a electric blender.
- Add to the sugar the bread crumbs, the lightly beaten egg-whites and three spoonfuls of rosewater and mix to form smooth dough.
- Using your hands, shape pieces of the dough into pear-shapes and place a clove at the narrow end to look like a stalk.
- Place in a buttered baking dish with a fair space between each one and bake in the oven at 350oF for about 15 minutes, until golden.
- When slightly cooled, dip them quickly in the rosewater and roll in icing sugar.