1/2 kilo (1 lb, 2 oz) puff pastry
6 artichokes (only the hearts,
4-5 spring onions, finely
6 tablespoons dill, finely chopped
1 teacup milk
1 teacup grated Parmesan
1 teacup olive oil
- In a pot, heat the oil and saute the onions until trans¬parent over a medium fire.
- Slice the artichoke hearts and add them to the pot along with the chopped dill.
- Add some water and allow them to cook for about an hour, until there is a small amount of wa¬ter left in the pot.
- Next, place the artichoke mix in a bowl and let it cool for a while.
- Beat the eggs and add them to the artichokes along with the salt and pepper, the cheese and the milk stir¬ring constantly.
- Roll out the puff pastry into two pas¬try sheets half a centimetre thick each.
- Brush a pan with olive oil or butter. Place one pastry sheet on the pan covering both its bottom and its sides.
- Pour the artichoke mixture over the crust and cover it with the other pastry sheet.
- Beat an egg yolk and spread it over the pie.
- Bake in a medium oven for about 45 minutes.