The entrails of a medium sized lamb (liver, lights, sweetbreads, etc)
1 water glass red wine
2 tablespoons butter
The intestines of a lamb made into 5 plaits
- Turn the intestines inside out with the help of a thin stick.
- Wash them very carefully and then rub them with two lemons and salt, until they turn white.
- Cut the entrails in small pieces.
- Pour the red wine all over them and season with salt, pepper and oregano.
- Arrange the pieces of the offal on stainless steel skewers and in the following order: first the liver, then the lights, the sweetbreads afterwards, etc. and wrap them with the plaits of intestines.
- Place the kokoretsi in a buttered pan, sprinkle with lemon juice and bake in medium oven.