1 teacup flour
2 teacups milk
1 teacup refined oil
1 teacup kefalotyri or Parmesan cheese, grated
- Pour the oil in a pot.
- Stir in the flour and mix it well with the oil over a medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the warmed milk whisking constantly with an egg beater.
- Beat the eggs separately, add them to the previous mixture along with salt, pepper and nutmeg and let them cook for about 5 minutes stirring all the time.
- Finally, add the grated cheese.
- If the sauce is too thick, add a small amount of milk.
- This sauce is poured over «pastitsio» and «moussaka».