1 kilo (2lbs 4 oz.) beets
4-5 tablespoons vinegar
4-5 tablespoons olive oil
- Separate the beetroot ends from the stalks and green leaves. Wash the beetroots, scrubbing their skin.
- Boil them in water for about an hour and a half. Then, wash stalks and leaves and bring them to a boil for about 15 minutes.
- Strain both beetroots and stalks and leaves and let them cool.
- Peel the beetroots, cut them into slices or thick quarters and place them along with cut stalks and leaves on a platter. Season with salt.
- Dress with vinegar and olive oil. The best salad could accompany grilled of fried fish.