2lbs leg of veal without bones
1lb tomatoes, mashed
2 onions, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
Half cup butter
1 cup red wine
2 tablespoons thyme
2 tablespoons flour
2 bay leaves
1/3 teaspoon cinnamon
5-6 pimento seeds
- Cut the meat into cubes, sprinkle with the flour and sauté in a saucepan with the flour and sauté in saucepan with the butter for 5 minutes.
- Add the onions and the garlic and sauté these too, stirring well.
- Add the mashed tomatoes, wine, bay leaves, cinnamon, thyme, pimento seeds, parsley and salt and pepper and stir.
- Simmer for about 2 hours. During cooking time, stir the food at regular intervals and add a little wine or hot water if more liquid is needed.
- Serve hot with fried potatoes or plain white pilaf.