1lb tomatoes, mashed
2 onions, finely chopped
Half cup parsley, finely chopped
1 cup olive oil
- Carefully prepare the okra, cutting a little round the stalk.
- Wash, drain and place in a baking dish.
- Sprinkle with vinegar and salt and leave for 2 hours (preferably in the sun). Rinse and drain.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and sauté the onions and the parsley for 3 minutes.
- Add the mashed tomatoes, okra, salt and pepper and enough water to the okra.
- Cover the pan and simmer for about 30 minutes, until the sauce has thickened.