1lb phyllo dough
1lb feta cheese
6 cups milk
1 cup flour
¾ cup butter
- Melt half a cup of butter in a saucepan and add the flour, stirring continuously.
- pour in the milk, still stirring the mixture so that it does not go lumpy.
- When it thickens, remove from the heat and add the grated feta cheese and the beaten eggs.
- Melt the remainder of the butter and grease a baking dish.
- Lay half the filo pastry sheets in this, brushing each one with butter.
- Place the filling on top of the pastry and cover with the remainder of the pastry sheets, brushing each sheet with butter as before.
- Mark out the pie into portions and bake for about 45 minutes at 350oF.