1 cup flour
1 large onion
1 large tomato
3 tablespoons baking powder
4 tablespoons parsley finely chopped
- Soak the chick-peas in water overnight.
- The next day, drain and boil for half an hour until soft.
- Blend until only a few small bits remain.
- Grate the onion into a bowl and add the chick-peas, parsley, baking powder, salt and mashed tomato.
- Stir well.
- Heat some oil in a frying-pan and add spoonfuls of the mixture.
- As soon as they are golden on the one side, turn over.
- Place on kitchen paper to drain and serve hot.