A leg of lamb (1 1/2 kilo approx.) (3 lbs 6 oz)
4-5 fresh onions (spring onions)
500 grams round potatoes (1 lb 2 oz)
300 grams peas (11 oz)
300 grams unsalted cheese ( 11 oz)
2 tablespoons dill, finely chopped
Half kilo fyllo pastry (1 lb 2 oz)
1 1/2 teacups oil
1 teacup butter, melted
- Heat the oil in a pot and saute the onions in it. Add the boned lamb and brown for about 10 minutes.
- Adding a small amount of water allow the meat to boil for approximately one hour. Then add the vegetables and let everything boil for another 20 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the fire. Next, cut the fyllo pastry into strips of about 20 cm. width and at the end of each strip place a piece of lamb and some of the vegetables.
- To the lamp and vegetable mix add pieces of cheese. With a brush, spread butter on the ends of the filo.
- Wrap each piece carefully as you would with dolmadakia.
- Finally, place the «parcels» in a buttered pan and bake in a medium oven for about 35-40 minutes. Serve hot.