1lb filo kataifi
3oz almonds, fine ground
2 cups milk
1lb whipped cream
- Open out the kataifi filo pastry, lay in a buttered baking dish, sprinkle with half of the butter and bake in a preheated oven at 350oF for 15 minutes.
- Make the syrup by boiling 7oz of sugar with 5oz of water for five minutes.
- As soon as you take the bakes kataifi pastry out of the oven, pour the syrup all over it.
- Beat the eggs with the rest of the sugar and add the semolina and ground almonds, stirring all the time.
- Add the milk little by little.
- Bring to the boil and cook for five minutes until the mixture thickens, then add the vanilla and two spoonfuls of butter. Remove from heat.
- Spread the cream mixture out over the kataifi and place in the refrigerator to cool.
- When cold, cover the top with the whipped cream and garnish, if you wish.