10 phyllo dough sheets
2lbs black eggplants
3 eggs, beaten
Half lb feta cheese, grated
3oz. hard cheese, grated
1 onion finely chopped
1 tablespoon basil
Half cut olive oil
- Peel and grate the eggplants and leave them in a bowl of water for one hour.
- Drain and squeeze out the remaining moisture.
- Brown the onion in oil and add the drained eggplants.
- Brown for a while and remove from the heat.
- Add the grated cheese, the beaten eggs and stir well.
- In a well-greased baking dish, lay 6 sheets of filo pastry, brushing each one with oil.
- Place the mixture in the dish and smooth it out with the back of a spoon.
- Cover the pie with the remaining sheets of pastry, brushing each with oil as before.
- Mark out portions with a knife and bake at 350oF for about one hour.