3 kilos (6 lbs, 12 oz)
4 large onions, grated
2 cloves garlic
1 teacup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teacup toasted breadcrumbs
4 eggs, beaten
- Put the aubergines in the oven for about half an hour.
- Then, take them out and when they are coJd enough to handle, peel them. Chop their flesh, put it in a liq¬uidizer and blend well.
- Saute the grated onions in hot oil, until they look golden and add them to the mashed aubergines.
- Heat a part of the butter in a pot and brown the aubergine and onion mixture. Remove it from the heat and let it cool.
- When the mixture is cold enough, add the beaten eggs, the grated Parmesan cheese, half the breadcrumbs, the garlic cloves, the mint, season to taste and mix.
- Butter and flour a pan; empty the aubergine mixture evenly, spread butter over its top, and sprinkle with the remaining breadcrumbs.
- Bake the pie in a medium oven.