5 medium-sized slices of fish, e.g. grouper (Epinephelus Aeneas or E. Caninus)
3-4 onions, cut in slices
2-3 ripe tomatoes, finely diced
1 ½ teacups olive oil
The juice of one lemon
Half teacup parsley, finely chopped
- Wash the slices of fish, place them in a pot and pour the lemon juice over them.
- Season with salt and pepper and let them stand for about an hour.
- Heat the oil in a pot and lightly saute the onions in it.
- Add the tomatoes, the parsley, salt and pepper and allow these to cook for about 20 minutes.
- Finally, carefully place the slices of fish in the pot.
Cover the pot and let it cook for another 15 min¬utes. Serve as a first course.