1 packet dried yeast
Half lb soft cottage cheese
1 tablespoon oregano
Half cup olive oil
Oil for frying
1 teaspoon salt
- Place the flour, salt, oregano and yeast in a bowl.
- Add the olive oil and a little warm water and mix to a firm yet soft dough.
- Divide the mixture into balls, flatten them out and place a spoonful of cheese in the center of each one.
- Carefully reshape the dough into a ball.
- Place the dough balls on a work surface with the join facing downward and roll into a disk-shape
- Pick each disk with a fork and fry in plenty of hot oil until golden.
- Serve hot.