300 (1oz) grams chopped ham
2 red peppers, sliced
2-3 spring onions, finely chopped
250 grams (9 oz) feta cheese
Half teacup flour
2 teacups milk
1 teacup olive oil
2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
2 eggs yolks
500 grams (1 lb, 2 oz) puff pastry
- In a pot, saute the onions lightly in the olive oil. Add the chopped ham, the sliced red peppers and the parsley.
- Saute for a further 10 minutes stirring with a spatula. Sprinkle the flour into the pot and let it cook for a while longer.
- Stir in the milk and remove the pot from heat.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs lightly and pour them into the pot. Finally add the feta cheese stirring constantly.
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut it in round shapes with a pastry cutter. Place a tablespoon of the ham mixture in the middle of each round shaped pastry, brush the edges of the pastry with a beaten egg yolk and cover it with another round shaped pastry.
- Press the edges of the pie with the help of the open-ends of a fork to make sure the filling does not seep out.
- Oil a pan lightly and place the small pies in lines. Beat an egg yolk with some water and polish each pie with it. Bake the ham pies in a medium oven for about 30-35 minutes.