Half kilo (1 lb 2 oz) flour
2 teaspoons yeast
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Oil for frying
2 teacups honey
1 teacup sugar
Stick of cinnamon
2 teacups water
- Dissolve the yeast in lukewarm water. Put the flour and the salt in a bowl and gradually add the dissolved yeast mixing by hand.
- Next, gradually add some lukewarm water until you have a paste that is neither too fluid nor too thick.
- Cover the bowl with a towel and let it stand in warm water for about an hour. When the batter doubles in size and forms «bubbles», heat plenty of oil in a pot, until it is scalding hot.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of the batter into the hot oil. Allow the honey puffs to turn golden brown.
- Remove the honey puffs from the oil with a slotted spoon and place them on¬to a platter.
- In the meantime, prepare the syrup as follows:
- In a pot, boil the honey, the sugar, the water and the cinnamon stick for 10 minutes.
- Pour the syrup over the honey puffs and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Serve hot.