3 teaspoons baking powder
7oz. almonds kernel
1 tablespoon lemon zest
2.5lbs icing sugar, sieved (for dusting)
- Beat the butter with half cup of the icing sugar well, until light and to became almost white.
- Add the lemon zest, baking powder and the ground almonds.
- Add the flour and mix to form dough which can be easily worked.
- Shape the cookies as desired and place in a buttered baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350oF for about 15 minutes, until beginning to turn a golden color.
- As soon as they are cooked, remove the kourabiedes from the oven and sprinkle immediately with the rosewater and the remaining icing sugar.