2lbs lamb (shoulder-blade or saddle)
1lb spring onions
4 large lettuces
Half cup dill, finely chopped
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon flour
- Cut the meat into portions.
- Heat the butter and the oil in a saucepan and sauté the meat o n all sides for about 10 minutes.
- Add the salt and pepper and cut 2 cups of hot water and simmer for one hour.
- Cut the lettuce into strips and thinly slice the onions.
- Add these and the dill to the pan and simmer for another 45 minutes.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs well and gradually add the lemon juice.
- Remove the pan from the heat and slowly add the meat juices to the egg mixture.
- Beat well and then pour back in to a pan with the meat, taking care to cover everything.
- Return the pan to the heat for 2 minutes until it comes to the boil then remove and servse immediately.