2-3 ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
2 onions, finely chopped
2-3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
3 tablespoons vinegar
1 bay leaf
Half teacup olive oil
- Clean the lentils and soak them overnight in water, if wanted.
- The following day place the lentils in a pot, cover with water and then boil over a medium fire.
- Allow to boil for some minutes, then drain.
- Add the onions, the garlic, the tomatoes, the bay leaf, and season to taste.
- Let them cook on medium heat for another hour and a half.
- About ten minutes before before removing the soup from fire add the vinegar and oil.
- Serve warm.