1lb puff pastry, in two sheets
1lb ground meat (veal)
1 onion, finely chopped
1 leek, finely chopped
Half lb gruyere, grated
1/5lb feta cheese, grated
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons evaporated milk
2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
Butter for the baking dish
- Hat the oil in saucepan and add the onion and leek, the ground meat, salt and pepper and brown lightly.
- Add half a cup of water and leave to simmer over a low heat until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool a little.
- Add the grated cheese, the parsley and the two whole, beaten eggs.
- Grease the dish well and place one of the pastry sheets in it.
- Add the meat mixture.
- Turn the sides of the filo pastry inwards over the mixture and cover everything with the second sheet of pastry.
- Beat the egg yolk with the evaporated milk and brush over the top of the pie.
- Prick the pastry with a fork for the steam to escape during cooking
- Bake at 400oF for about one hour.