1lb veal mincemeat
2 lbs tomatoes
2 slices of bread
3 garlic cloves
Half cup milk
Half cup wine
1 teaspoon cumin
Half cup olive oil
- Remove the crusts from the bread and soak in milk.
- In a large bowl, mix the ground beef with the bread, crushed garlic, cumin, egg and salt and pepper.
- Knead the meat mixture into small sausage shapes
- Heat the oil in large frying pan and sauté the meat.
- In a saucepan, bring the tomatoes, salt and pepper to the boil and add the “Soutzoukakia” and the wine.
- Simmer for about 30 minutes, until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve with mashed potato or pilaf.