Half lb onions
20 black olives, without stones
A little finely chopped thyme
- Mix 9oz. of the flour with 3 oz of the softened butter, adding a little salt and cold water.
- Mix until the mixture forms firm dough.
- Shape into a ball and leave it in a plastic bag in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Peel the onions and cut into thin rounds then place in a saucepan with the rest of the butter, salt and the thyme.
- Sauté well.
- When the onions have been browned slightly, remove the pan from the heat.
- Beat the eggs and the rest of the flour in a bowl, add the onions and the olives and mix very well.
- Roll the pastry out into two sheets on a floured work surface.
- Place one of the sheets into a greased baking dish and cover with the onion mixture.
- Cover with the second sheets of pastry and brush the surface with plenty of oil.
- Bake the pie for about 50 minutes at 400oF and serve hot.