2 puff pastry sheets
4 large green peppers
1,5lbs tomatoes, mashed
10oz salt less ricotta cheese, cut into pieces
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
Half cup of oil
- Wash the pepper and bake them in the oven, turning them over at intervals.
- When the skin blisters and breaks, take them out of the oven, remove the skins and cut into pieces.
- Sauté the garlic in a saucepan and add the mashed tomatoes.
- Stir and add the peppers, the cayenne and the salt and pepper.
- Leave to simmer for 30 minutes, until the juice has been absorbed.
- Grease a baking dish and lay the first sheet of pastry in it.
- Add the contents of the saucepan and sprinkle the pieces of cheese over the top.
- Cover with the second pastry sheet and brush with the beaten egg yolk.
- Bake at 350oF for about one hour and serve hot.