3oz hard cheese, grated
3 table spoons olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 tablespoons caper
2 tablespoons butter
- Heat the oil in a frying-pan and fry the bacon and chopped onion.
- Add the mashed tomatoes and salt and pepper and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Add half a teaspoon each of marjoram and basil together with the capers and stir well.
- Simmer for a few minutes, until the sauce thickens.
- Cook the noodles in plenty of boiling salted water, drain and place on a platter.
- Melt the butter, pour over the noodles and stir well.
- Pour the sauce over this, sprinkle with the grated cheese and serve immediately