1 Rabit 1 ½ kilos approximately (3 lbs 6 oz), 5 portions
1 kilo (2 lbs 4 oz) small, pickling sized, onions
1 teacup olive oil
1 teacup vinegar
2-3 ripe tomatoes, finely diced
2 cloves garlic
1 bay leaf
1 branch rosemary
Coarsely ground pepper
- Cut the rabit into small pieces, wash well and drain. Heat the oil in a pot and add the pieces of hare.
- Next, add the onions, which have been peeled but left whole, and let them saute along with the hare for about 10 minutes.
- Pour in the vinegar, add the tomatoes, the garlic, the rosemary, the bay leaf, the salt, the pepper and an adequate amount of water.
- Let everything cook for about 2 hours. When there is only a little sauce left in the pot, the meal is ready. Serve hot as a second course.
- Note: this dish is rich. We recommend you to avoid having if for supper.