2 cups semolina
1 cup flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons orange or lemon zest
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
For the syrup
3 cups water
- Beat the butter and the sugar well and add the eggs, stirring all the time.
- Add the zest, baking powder, semolina and the flour and stir well.
- Pour into a buttered baking dish and smooth out (the mixture should be about three fingers deep).
- Bake the revani at 400oF for about 45 minutes and leave to cool.
- Prepare the syrup by boiling the sugar, water and the vanilla for about 5 minutes.
- Pour this slowly over the revani making sure you have covered the whole surface.
- Leave the revani to cool completely and soak up the syrup and then cut into diamond-shaped pieces.