100 grams (3 1/2 oz) rice
1 onion, finely diced
4 tablespoons grated cheese
2 tablespoons milk
A pinch of sugar
Oil for frying (or butter)
- Wash and slice the tomatoes, season with salt, sprin¬kle the sugar all over and fry them in the oil (or butter).
- Boil the rice as for pilaf and drain it.
- Beat the eggs and pour them into the rice. Add salt, pepper, milk, the grated cheese and stir.
- Lightly saute the onion in the oil (or butter) in a frying pan. Pour the egg mix¬ture into the frying pan and flatten its surface.
- Fry the omelette on both sides.
- Serve it hot garnished with the fried tomato slices.