Half kilo (1 lb 2 oz) rice
2 teacups water
10-12 pastry sheets
Half 1/2 kilo (1 lb 2 oz) feta cheese, cut in chunks
- Half cook the rice, drain it and rinse it with cold water. Place the rice in a bowl.
- Add the butter, the eggs, the cheese, season with salt and mix.
- Lay 3 sheets of «fyllo» pastiy in a pan oiling each one separately.
- Lay the remaining pastry sheets with rice filling between each one except for the last two sheets which should have only olive oil spread between them.
- Cut the top layers of «fyllo» pastry into pieces and bake the pie in a strong oven, until its top looks golden brown.