1lb Greek sausages (Xoriatika loukanika)
1lb long sweet peppers
2lbs tomatoes, mashed
1 large onion
Half cup olive oil
2 bay leaves
- Remove the stalk and seeds from the peppers and cut them into pieces
- Sauté the in hot oil along with the onions, until soft.
- Add the mashed tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Leave the sauce to simmer and meanwhile cut the sausages into thick slices and fry them in them own fat, until they are brown.
- Add them to the peppers and sauce in the saucepan and cook for about 10 minutes until they have absorbed the sauce.
- Serve immediately.