1 kilo (2 lbs 4 oz) spinach
1 teacup butter
3-4 spring onions
1 teacup milk
1/2 teacup toasted breadcrumbs
A bit of dill
- Clean and wash the spinach well. Place it in a pot without water and let it cook in its own moisture for about 10 minutes.
- Drain the spinach and cut it up. Finely slice the onions, chop the dill and saute both ingredients in a frying pan containing half the butter.
- Add the spinach, the salt and the pepper. Cook everything for a few minutes and empty in a bowl.
- Beat the eggs adding the milk and the crumbs.
- Heat the re¬maining butter in a frying pan and pour in the egg mix and the spinach. Fry the omelette on both sides (approximately 10 min¬utes for each side).
- Serve hot, cut in wedges.