Half cup rice
3/4lb feta cheese, grated
Half lb butter
1lb puff pastry, divided into two sheets
2 teaspoons sugar
- Prepare the squash and cut the flesh into pieces.
- Place in a saucepan over a low heat.
- Stirring continuously, cook the squash until soft.
- Then, add the rice and leave to simmer.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add 2/3 of the butter, the sugar, grated feta and salt.
- Stir until the mixture has blended together well.
- Melt the remaining butter and grease a baking dish.
- Place one of the pastry sheets in the dish so that it reaches up the sides, then add the mixture and smooth it out using the back of a spoon.
- Cover with the other sheet of pastry and seal well.
- Brush with plenty of butter and bake for about one hour at 300oF.