6 large artichokes
10oz. mushrooms, chopped
1 cup wine
7oz. ham or bacon
4oz. grated cheese
2 cups milk
2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
3 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons butter
2 meat stock cubes
- Heat the butter in a saucepan and sauté the onion, ham or bacon and chopped mushrooms.
- Sprinkle with the flour and stir well.
- Dissolve the stock cubes in the milk, add it into the saucepan and stir.
- Add the wine, parsley, salt and pepper and simmer until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Boil the artichokes in salted water for 30 minutes, drain, place in a buttered baking dish and stuff with the prepared mixture.
- Sprinkle with the cheese and bake in a preheated oven at 400oF until golden.