6 large, round potatoes
Some bread (crusts removed)
- Bake the potatoes in a low oven, until they can be easily pierced by a fork. Remove the potatoes from the oven and cut off their tops.
- With a spoon scoop out most of their pulp. Do not discard the pulp but put it in a bowl, season with salt and pepper and mash.
- Stuff the hollowed potatoes with their mashed pulp leaving openings at the tops.
- Break the eggs into the potato openings taking care not to break the yolks.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese, season with salt and pepper and cover with bread. Put the potatoes back into the oven.
- When the grated cheese browns, the potatoes are ready. Serve hot.