12medium size zucchini
1lb ground beef
3 tablespoons rice
2 spring onions, finely chopped
Half cup dill, finely chopped
Half cup olive oil
- Cut off both ends of the zucchini scrape the skins lightly with a knife and wash well.
- Cut off a slice from one end and retain so it can be used as a ‘lid’.
- Carefully remove the pulp from the zucchini with a special rounded knife.
- In a bowl mix the ground beef, rice, spring onions, dill, salt, pepper and the white of one of the eggs.
- Fill the zucchini with this mixture, place the ‘lid’ back on each one and arrange in saucepan.
- Pour in 3 cups of water and the live oil season with salt and pepper and simmer for about one hour.
- Drain and place on a platter, retaining the juices in the pan.
- In a bowl beat the remaining eggs and the egg-yolk with the lemon juice.
- Slowly add this mixture to the remaining juices in the pan, stirring continuously.
- Bring to the boil, pour over the zucchini and serve.