1 lamb tripe (3lbs)
4 lamb trotters
1 onion, finely chopped
1 bay leaf
Half cup lemon juice
4 pimento seeds
- Soak the tripe in plenty of water for half an hour and then wash well along with the trotters.
- Cut the tripe into walnut-size pieces and each trotter into 2-3 pieces.
- Place in a saucepan, cover with water and boil hard.
- Scoop off the foam which appears on the surface as soon as the water starts to boil.
- Add the salt, pepper, chopped onion, pimento seeds and bay leaf.
- Lower the heat and simmer for about 3 hours.
- As soon as the tripe softens, beat the eggs in a bowl, slowly adding the lemon and stirring well.
- Gradually add the stock from the pan, stirring continuously.
- Pour the mixture back into the pan, stirring well and remove from the heat.
- Serve hot.