12 phyllo dough sheets
4 eggs, beaten
2lbs spring onions
3lbs several vegetables, (spinach, leeks etc.)
1lb feta cheese, mashed with a fork.
Half cup milk
1 cup dill
1 cup olive oil
- Wash and prepare the vegetables onions and dill.
- Chop them finely and sprinkle with salt.
- Leave to drain in a colander weighted down with a plate and then squeeze well to remove all the moisture.
- Place in a mixing bowl and add the beaten eggs, the mashed feta cheese, milk, half a cup of oil and salt and pepper.
- Stir the mixture very well.
- Grease a baking dish and lay half the phyllo pastry sheets in it, brushing each one with oil.
- Place the mixture in the dish and turn the edges of the pastry inwards over it.
- Cover with the remaining sheets of pastry, brushing each with oil as before.
- Mark out portions with a knife and bake at 400oF for about one hour.