3 cups coarsely ground walnuts
3 cups flour
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
4 teaspoons baking powder
Half cup butter
1 cup milk
Half cup sugar
- Beat the butter and the sugar together.
- Add the eggs and the cocoa powder and stir for five minutes.
- Add the milk, the baking powder, the walnuts and the flour.
- Turn the mixture out into a buttered baking dish and bake in the oven at 350oF for about half an hour.
- Turn the cake out and garnish with icing sugar or chocolate icing.
- You can also cover it in syrup, by boiling 2 cups of sugar, 1 cup of water and lemon peel for five minutes.