2lbs shelled walnuts
3 eggs whites
Half cup orange juice
3 tablespoons fine bread crumbs
1 tablespoon orange zest
1lb icing sugar
3 tablespoon butter
1 cup sugar
- Grid the walnuts to a powder in a bowl, mix it with the sugar, lightly beaten egg-whites, orange zest and bread crumbs.
- Mix and add the orange juice in order to make easily worked dough.
- Using your hands, shape in small fig shapes and place in a buttered baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350oF for 10 minutes.
- When slightly cooled, quickly dip in rosewater and roll in icing sugar.