1lb ground beef
Half cup rice
Half cup dill, finely chopped
Half cup butter
2 spring onions, finely chopped
- In a large bowl mix the ground beef, rice, spring onions, and dill, white of one egg and salt and pepper.
- Knead well and shape into walnut-size balls using your hands.
- Pour two cups of water into a saucepan, along with the oil or butter and bring to the boil.
- Add the meat balls carefully, cover the pan and cook for about 30 minutes.
- As soon as the meat balls are cooked, beat the egg yolk and one whole egg in a small bowl.
- Add the lemon juice beating well and gradually add the sauce from the saucepan, stirring all the time.
- Once you have beaten most of the sauce into the egg mixture, pour this over the meat balls, shaking the pan gently.
- Serve hot.